Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nude female figure sketches




I have a big, beautiful sun room, complete with a hot tub, vaulted ceiling and a wrap around deck. There are so many windows in there it takes a good part of the day just to clean them all. It is clearly my favorite room in the house. So why am I not creating in there? Beats me, but I took care of that today. I moved my easel to the sun room along with my big drawing pad and some charcoal, stumps and a kneaded eraser. I was set. I have been wanting to sketch some nude female figures and this was the perfect subject to break in my new art area.

I did four 15 minute quick sketches. Too bad so sad if they are not finished. I find that it is good sometimes to limit myself time wise when learning. That way I don't get caught up in details and perfectionism, but instead I am free, free to learn and grow. Free to just have fun. I think that's when you learn the most.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did an awesome job within your time limit. I looked beyond your easel to the outside and it is beautiful. Did you enjoy creating in your sunroom?

    ReplyDelete